Saturday, March 22, 2014

Doing Latch-Hook arts

Last year(2013), during the last month of October, I visited my old kampung house, back in Sabah.
I saw my work-art that I did when I'm 12 years old, it is a latch-hook carpet artwork! Feeling a bit nostalgia XD

Once I'm back in KL, i visit the handicraft shop in Sungei Wang, called Lily Handicraft. I googled them, they have their own website too ! click here to check them out  > Lily HandiCraft 

I know they says they at level 1 in the website, but they actually at Ground Floor, figure it out when i see the shop number, (duh)

Here are the step to step picture of the carpet-latch-hook artwork thingy ~ check it out

What you need?
-Latch hook handle (i buy mine for RM4.50)
-The mesh
-Carpet Wool
-Wood platform thingy (not sure what it is called but i get mine for RM3)

 The Latch hook handle/Needle and wood platform
Mesh for the carpet base
 The wood works as a wool length standard kit, you just wrapped the wool yarn around the wood, and there will be a space for you to cut the wool off with a scissor.
You'll get wool in same size this way! and faster to. Just remember don't wrap around the wool too tight or too lose, if you do; you'll get either too long or too short cuttings. My mom told me, they used to use cardboard to do this, this way they can decide how long or short the wool gonna be.
The lady in handicraft shop told me that these steps above are too old fashion, they have pre-cuts wool now.! Such convenient. But i wanted to relive my old experience. :P



You just have to hook the already cut wool into the mesh according to the pattern/color as needed.
I got the auntie in the handicraft help me for first few latches, so nice of her ^_^v 

This is my finished product, took me about couple of weeks to finish this off. Easy to do, GREAT distraction, keep your hand busy while watching the TV or something ~ so shiok.


If you can see, i did some adjustment on the ears, cause the original picture look so weird weirdo ~ 






No comments:

Post a Comment